Antimonium Tartrate Potassium Online
Antimonium Tartrate Potassium is a chemical majorly used in healthcare and medicine. It is used as an emetic substance to induce vomiting or cause nausea. It is also helpful in the treatment of leishmaniasis and schistosomiasis. The chemical substance is produced by the reaction of Antimony trioxide and potassium hydrogen tartrate. The chemical formula of the compound is K2Sb2(C4H2O6)2 · 3 H2O. Antimonium Tartrate Potassium Online
Antimonium Tartrate Potassium is a white crystalline powder. The chemical is odorless and may sometimes be colorless. It is majorly produced in the hydrate form. It is mildly soluble in water with a solubility of 8.3 g/100 mL(0 °C) and 35.9 g/100 mL (100 °C). It is toxic if swallowed but non-toxic to the human skin.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Antimonium Tartrate Potassium is a unique chemical with limited functions. It is used in the fabrics and leather-making industries. It also finds application in healthcare. Some of the functions of Antimonium Tartrate Potassium are:
- It is used as a drying agent in fabric making. The chemical aids the fast drying of alkaline dyes when used on cotton fabrics.
- It also serves as a mordant for alkaline dyes on fabrics. It improves the soaping and washing of such fabrics.
- The chemical can also be used as a mordant by leather-making companies.
- In healthcare, it is used in the treatment of leishmaniasis and schistosomiasis.
- It can be used as an emetic substance to induce vomiting in animals by animal scientists. This helps them to study the diets of the animals.
|Lead(Pb)(%)||Maximum of 0.002|
|Solubility (In water)||8.3 g/100 mL (0 °C) 35.9 g/100 mL (100 °C)|
|% Loss on drying (105°C)||Maximum of 2.7|