Buy 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate Online
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is an organic chemical. Is an ester of methacrylic acid and a very useful chemical substance that is produced on a large scale by the addition of propylene oxide to methacrylic acid with a catalyst base and its chemical formula is C7H12O3. It is a categorize as a functional hydrophobic hydroxy monomer. Also known as an enoate ester. Buy 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate Online
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate has the appearance of a clear and colorless liquid. Its vapors are heavier than air. It is a combustible substance and is slightly denser than water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate or 2HPMA is an extremely useful chemical and thus, has many significant applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- 2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate is most commonly consumed as a raw material in the production of solid and emulsion polymers. It forms a homopolymer and copolymers.
- Used in the production of low molecular weight organic compounds.
- Largely use in the production of acrylic polyols for vehicle parts, refurbishment coatings and industrial scale coatings.
- Also use as a co-monomer in unsaturated polyesters that are styrene base.
- It is extremely useful as a hydrophobic hydroxy monomer in the production of sealants.
- It is also extensively used for the production of flexible UV curable photopolymer printing plates.
- It is employ in the production of automotive and architectural coatings.
- It is utilize in the plastic industries for the large-scale production of plastics and plastic products.
- It is effectively put to use in the manufacturing of hygiene and cleaning products such as laundry detergents, soaps, degreasers, and stain removers etc.
- It is beneficial for use in the production of general adhesives and sealants.
- In the textile industries, it is used in the manufacturing of textile finishes.
- It is consumed for the production of light sensitive materials.
- In the process of oil production and transportation it is used as an essential additive.
- It is used in the production of dental filling material.
- It is used as a monomer for acrylic resins.
- It is used in the production of modifiers used for various purposes.
- It is used in the production of lubricants such as for engines, brake fluids and oils etc.
- It is used for elastomers and for laminating resins.
- It is also used as a monomer for nonwoven fabric binder.
- It is used in the manufacturing of rubber and its products.
- It is used in the production of process regulators such as accelerators, activators, oxidation agents, and reduction agents etc.
|Boiling Point||80 °C(lit)|
|Melting Point||-58 °C|
|Freezing Point||-57 °C|
|Density||1.029 g/cm3 at 25 °C(lit)|