Buy Acetic Acid Online
Acetic Acid is an organic compound. It is classified as a carboxylic acid and is the second simplest carboxylic acid. It is a very useful chemical compound that is produced synthetically as well as by bacterial fermentation. Synthetically it is made by the carbonylation of methanol. Its chemical formula is C2H4O2. Buy Acetic Acid Online
Acetic Acid has the appearance of a clear and colourless liquid. It has a strong vinegar like odour. It is miscible in water. It corrodes metals and tissue. It is slightly heavier than water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Acetic Acid or Ethanoic Acid is a very useful chemical substance and hence, has many industrial applications. Its major applications and strengths are:
- Acetic Acid is most commonly used in the production of cellulose acetate for photographic films.
- It is used in the production of polyvinyl acetate for wood glue.
- It is used in the production of synthetic fibres.
- It is largely used in the production of fabrics in the textile industries.
- Diluted acetic acid is most popularly used as a descaling agent in households.
- In the food industry, it is used as a food additive as a condiment and to regulate acidity.
- It plays an important role in the digestion of carbohydrates and fats.
- It is utilised for the production of chemical substances such as vinyl acetate monomer, acetic anhydride, and ester production.
- It is used as solvent for inks, paints, and coatings.
- It is also used for the production of nitrocellulose.
- It is employed in the making of acrylic lacquers.
- It is used in the production of varnish removers.
- It is used for making wood stains.
- It is famously used as a solvent for recrystallisation for the purification of organic compounds.
- It is consumed for the production of terephthalic acid (TPA).
- It is used in the field of analytical chemistry for the assessment of weakly alkaline substances.
- It has widely been used in the medical field for treating cancer.
- It is used for the process of cervical cancer screening.
- It is utilised as an effective antiseptic because of its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- In the food industry it is extensively used for producing of vinegar.
- It can be consumed for the effective treatment of skin infections caused by some bacteria.
- It is used for the treatment of otitis externa and is categorised as the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.
|Melting Point||16-17 °C|
|Boiling Point||118-119 °C(lit)|
|Density||1.049 g/cm3 at 25 °C(lit)|
|Vapour Pressure||11.6 mmHg (20 °C)|