Buy Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate 98%
Buy Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate 98% is a blue crystalline solid. It is not combustible and has a strong, nauseating metallic taste. However, it is odorless. When dehydrated, it turns white.
Chemical application and strengths:
- Copper sulfate is made by treating copper with hot concentrated sulfuric acid. The crystal combines with other elements for the preparation of different compounds. In its pure nature, it is used as fungicide. It is also mixed with sodium hydroxide to control fungus in melons and grapes.
- Copper sulfate is use in swimming pools as an algaecide. It is also use for the control of invasive plants in the pools and controls roots that may have punctured the piping system. Fish farmers use it to kill off the invasive types of snails in aquariums. However, its use in the aquarium is highly controlled, as it is toxic to fish in high quantities.
- In the medical field, copper sulfate is use to test blood for anemia. Blood is dropped into a copper sulfate solution of a known density. If the patient’s blood contains enough hemoglobin, it sinks rapidly due to a high density. Blood that is low on hemoglobin floats or sinks slowly.
- In the printing industry, it is use as an additive to bookbinding glues and pastes. This helps protect the paper from insect bites. Cement manufacturers use it as an additive in cement manufacturing process to make it water-resistant and improve its disinfectant qualities.
- The compound has also been use in the world of art for centuries to color potteries and glasses. It is also used in the manufacture of fireworks as a coloring agent. It is also a potent solution used to control the breeding of mosquitoes in stagnant water.
|Standard Specifications||Typical Data|